Treasures in the
Experiences in the crown on the river in Sindringen
The village of Sindringen is idyllically situated in a wonderful valley on the Kocher River. Here you dive into a deep green quiet world. The weir on the river. The historic buildings, the town mill and the completely preserved historic town wall. The castle towering over everything.
Celts, Romans, Alemanni and Franks have left traces here. A ford built by Romans on the Kocher River, finds in the woods. Evidence of the Roman border wall. Overwhelming variety between historical witnesses, wonderful handicrafts, pristine nature and enough space for movement and diversion.
Ways & Boundaries
Explore Hohenlohe on tours along the Kocher-Jagst Cycle Path, hikes along the Hans and Sophie Scholl Trail in Forchtenberg, Path of Silence at Schöntal Monastery, Hohenlohe Dialect Trail with witty references to the regional dialect
We will organize for you:
Arts & Crafts
Art and culture
Burgfestspiele Jagsthausen(5 km)
Schwäbisch Hall (40 km) with the Festival on the Stairs, the Kunsthalle Würth, and the Johaniterhalle with Old MastersKloster Schöntal (5 km)
Langeburg Castle with the Car Museum
Moated Castle Neuenstein
Hohenloher Kultursommer– Concert series in historic buildings of the region
- Pottery market in Sindringen, every year in May
Open-air museum Wackershofen also great for kids
- Visit of the town mill Sindringen as well as the old smithy
- Guided tours in Forchtenberg about Hans and Sophie Scholl as well as the artist family Kern
Nature, Sport & River
“Idyllic, full of poetry, a particularly tenderly shaped handful of Germany”-this is how the poet Eduard Mörike describes the Hohenlohe region. The best way to get to know this beauty is on a hike, on a bike, on a Segway or during sporting activities along or on the river.
- Angeln am Kocher
- Niedernhaller Solebad, 9 km
- Stand-UP Paddling auf dem Schleierhofer-See
- Flossbau am Kocher
- Kanutouren auf dem Kocher oder Jagst
- Radtouren durch Hohenlohe
- Bogenschießen im 3D Parcours oberhalb von Sindringen (1km)
- Golf spielen auf dem Golfplatz Kaiserhöhe oder Golfplatz Hohenlohe
- Fishing at the Kocher
- Niedernhaller brine bath, 9 km
- Stand-UP paddling on the Schleierhofer lake
- Raft building on the Kocher
- Canoe tours on the Kocher or Jagst rivers
- Bike tours through Hohenlohe
- Archery in the 3D course above Sindringen (1km)
- Playing golf on the Kaiserhöhe golf course or the Hohenlohe golf course
Wine & Experience
Embark on delightful discovery tours in the wine country of Württemberg
The wine regions between the Tauber Valley, Hohenlohe, Heilbronn and Stuttgart are characterized by centuries of winegrowing tradition. Picture-book landscapes, idyllic wine villages, art treasures and excellent restaurants and wine taverns delight guests from near and far. In Württemberg, all roads lead to wine: by car on the Württemberger Weinstraße, by bike on the Württemberger Weinradweg or on foot on the Württemberger Weinwanderweg. On the website www.weinwege-wuerttemberg.de you will find all regions, accommodation, event dates and wine experience tours.
A public transport stop is located opposite our hotel.
Of course you can charge your e-bikes with us!